May 02, 2010

ELY is Done

I am finally posting my senior thesis up here. 

To explain the title of this post: here at Uarts the 'Senior Illustration Thesis Exhibit' is called 'Ely' short for 'William H. Ely Senior Illustration Exhibition'.
The reception took place in Hamilton Hall on April 18th.

Each student is required to have 4 pieces for a market of their choice. 
I decided to put together pages for a Travel/ Cultural Guide to Kuwait.
The pieces are a combination of Gouache paintings, Brush pens on paper, Color pencils, & Digital (Photoshop + InDesign). 

I would like to take a moment and Thank my Mom, my friend William Wardlaw Rogers, & my friend Katia Wish for their continuous support & encouragement. 
And I would also like to Thank Annie Hagert, Celestina Levant, Yuko Nishigaki, and my little sister Shaikha for making it to the reception. My parents couldn't travel all the way from Kuwait, so having you show up meant A LOT to me :)

Another update is that I have put together a website, I have pieces from this year that I didn't put up on this blog. Go have a look! Sarah Alfarhan Illustration

















Shaikha on the left with me by my Ely pieces!

4 comments:

  1. Bravo !!!Beautiful.

    From Argentina Lili

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the colors you used, what are you painting with ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Corrin!
    thank you :)
    I painted these with gouache (the borders, the background, the portraits, some objects) some of the objects (books + water bottle..) had background color of gouache paint that i drew over with brush pens.
    The layout was done in Photoshop & the type was done in InDesign. Some of the boxes were digital (not painted). Everything was painted separately & assembled together in Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete