July 15, 2010

Self-portraits July 12 - July 15

More self-portraits! I will try to keep a consistent timing for posting these. 
My struggle is evident I think, but I am trying to learn every day from each portrait.
Today I decided to take a break from gouache, so I did a drawing.
I think the only rule I have for this project is: Square format.
Medium-wise I will try to do a bit of everything.
Advice & guidance will be helpful :) also suggestions for mediums or any new rules are welcome!



July 12, 2010
[grumpy]



July 13, 2010
[what?]


July 14, 2010
[Sleepy]


July 15, 2010
[ready to leave]

6 comments:

  1. It's great to see you have been keeping up the pace. These are nice. A little more concentration on structure and planes Keep 'em coming!

    -charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11th and 12th are my favorites so far.
    This is such a cool project. Not only is it really great training, but at the end you'll have a collection worthy of a gallery show.
    I'll definitely be following this, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gouache paintings are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Charles + Jim + Colin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 14th is the strongest I'd say. That red contrasts with the black while supporting the range of reds in the face. Those hints of blues in there are a nice contrast to the reds. Also, a solid composition; the face has a slight tilt to it and I love that you decided to cover up your one eye.

    While I think it's good idea to branch out and try other mediums, you had a good thing going with the gouache.

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful. I specially like the one with the vibrant background and the drawing.

    ReplyDelete