November 02, 2010

Painting of Bunny!

I've had 'Bunny' since sophomore year at Uarts. 
I've always kept her close to my work area, her 1st home -when I first got her- was on my desk at Juniper Street Dorm. Then she stood by the windowsill in my room at the cute house I lived in while attending Ringling in Sarasota (FL), after I came back to Philly she occupied the work area near the kitchen in my tiny studio on Spruce Street. My last year at Uarts she moved with me & all my art supplies to the Senior Design Studio, after graduation when I went to Richmond for the Illustration Academy she accompanied me & stayed at my work table. 
While at the Illustration Academy my friend Michael Politakis started calling her 'Petunia'! 



A picture of Bunny at my desk in the Senior Design Studio. 
Close by are two Lemony Snicket books + plant (can't recall what I was growing) + assignments folder.


Bunny et Moi! 
In the back is her new home, she now resides next to Doug Chayka's painting + Charles Valsechi's landscape painting + Henri Bendel Vanilla Woods candle (apparently they don't make that candle anymore ☹) + numerous books including Kadir Nelson's 'Abe's Honest Words' picture book + Brett Helquist's 'A Christmas Carol'!

I decided to paint Bunny. So here it is:


Painting of Bunny. Gouache on Ampersand GessoBord. 6" x 6".
What do YOU keep close by while working

7 comments:

  1. I love this Sarah! Really... And the colors are fabulous, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, it's so much fun! It looks so soft, great light, great textures!
    I think you should do more still lives to just play with the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful work. You're so good with colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sara + Natasha + Corrin!
    Katia: Thanks & that's my plan, more still life paintings!

    ReplyDelete