January 24, 2011

Amelia's Magazine Mime Festival Review illustration

Here's an illustration I finished this morning for Amelia's Magazine. 
The illustration was for Amelia's review of 'Flesh and Blood & Fish and Fowl'.
I started with a pencil drawing, then I scanned it, and colored it digitally. I was playing around with the background and ended up with two slightly different versions, shown below.




And here are a couple reference photos of Alex (Most wonderful bunny model) ! Thanks to Scott Kip I was able to get reference with my beloved Nikon D40 and start immediately on my illustration. 



2 comments:

  1. The illustrations are great, I can't tell you which one I like more! And I love the bunny! (but I have "a thing" for bunnies, haha, mine is called Pollock, after jackson pollock ;-))
    well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cèline! I like bunnies too :)
    I've seen 'Pollock' on your blog, really cute!

    ReplyDelete