January 20, 2011

Birthday Card!

Birthday Cards I printed lately to give to some friends of mine!
I started by sketching different ideas, then I chose one design which I transfered onto a Speedball Carving Block.

After carving, I made some test prints to get to the perfect consistency of ink on paper. 

Then it was easy to print some cards!  




Here's a list of the materials I used:
1. Speedball 'Speedy-Cut' Carving Block size: 2" x 4.5".
2. Ivory Strathmore Blank Announcement Cards & Envelopes. Comes in a box of 10. Size: Cards 3" x 4", envelopes 3.5" x 5".
3. Speedball block printing ink. Turquoise water-soluble ink. 
4. Daler Rowney FW Liquid Acrylic. Bell Bronze.
5. Speedball Lino Cutter.
6. Brayer.
7. Corner Rounder Punch. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks like fun to do! I never heard of a "speedball carving block"... see if I can find that over here.... Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Cèline! Thank you :) It was so much fun, here's a link to what Speedball block looks like:
    http://www.dickblick.com/products/speedball-speedy-cut-carving-blocks/

    ReplyDelete