February 04, 2011

Amelia's Magazine: Emma Forrest illustration

Here's my latest illustration for Amelia's Magazine. Jessica Furseth wrote a review on Emma Forrest's new book "Your voice in my head"Read an excerpt hereThe challenge was to illustrate Emma without copying a photo from a google search and to present serious issues discussed in the book, like suicide and mental breakdown. I kept drawing Emma several times, until I was satisfied with the drawing below. I hope that my color choice presented the right mood for the book. I Kept Emma to the left corner and drew word bubbles overwhelming and surrounding her as symbols of voices and possibly ghosts?! 
As usual I had several options regarding the colors! This was fun and a very quick illustration. Everything was drawn in pencil, scanned, and colored digitally.




2 comments:

  1. beautiful drawing, but my mind keeps wanting to see some line variation and inks over it! keep it up sarah! love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felipe: Thank you :) I will keep your suggestion in mind!

    ReplyDelete