February 28, 2011

Celebrating Kuwait's National + Liberation Day

Just a fun illustration I did celebrating Kuwait's National Day + Liberation Day (February 25 + 26)! This year commemorates the 50th year for National Day & 20 years since Kuwait's liberation from the Iraqi invasion. 
The girls' dresses are inspired by a dress I wore myself when I was around 5 years old.
I really miss being back home around this time. It would have been a real treat to be able to take a bunch of photos of the celebrations and the decorated city!
But I did find this awesome photo of Kuwait Towers + fireworks by Photographer Yousef Alsaleh! Enjoy!


Final illustration


Sketchbook page


Me in a Kindergarten performance (either 1994-1995). 
This dress is what inspired the above sketches + illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment